Brinsworth



Brinsworth Lane
Brinsworth Lane Rotherham

© Bus Pictures

Brinsworth Lane New Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2014


Bonet Lane
Bonet Lane Rotherham

© Bus Pictures

Bonet Lane New Building Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2014


Bonet Lane
Bonet Lane Shop Rotherham

© Bus Pictures

Bonet Lane Shop New Building Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2014


The Fairways
Fairways Rotherham

© Rotherham Family History Society 1965

Fairways New Building Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2014

The Fairways website can be found HERE.

Between Bawtry Road and Brinsford Road
Brinsford Road Rotherham

© Rotherham Family History Society

Brinsford Road New Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2012

Brinsford Road Map Rotherham

© Google Maps 2012

The red arrow shows the location of the photographer and the direction of the shot.

Brinsford Road Composite Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2012

A composit image showing the layout. Created by Scott.

Brinsford Road Satalite Rotherham

© Google Maps 2012 / © Old Rotherham 2012

Green X = Photographers location. Pink oval = Location of the people stood at the bottom of the steps. Small red rectangles = Prefab houses. Yellow lines = Paths as shown on a 1967 arial photo. Large red rectangle at the side of Hadrian Rd = Location of the row of terrace houses as shown in the old image.
"The site was cleared for the construction of a pre-fabricated housing estate in 1947, and as work commenced in 1948, a grid of Roman roads was exposed. Since the foundations of the houses only required excavation to a depth of 6", little stratigraphy was exposed, and what little is known of the site was only exposed in service trenches". Read more about Brinsworth at Rotherham Web.

Address
 
Google Maps
Brinsworth Lane       Bonet Lane       The Fairways       Bawtry Road
Notes
Wikipedia: Brinsworth is a village and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham, in South Yorkshire, England. It is situated close to the River Rother between Rotherham (to the north-east) and Sheffield (to the south-west). At the time of the 2001 census it had a population of 8,950.